Friday, March 02, 2007

Old Pieces....

quite old, I would say, based on the graphics and colors. This one is a personal favorite among my vintage sewing items. A few needles remain on the inside. No clue, of course, if they are original to the package. This one was given to me by a friend years back and is different than any I have.
Do you collect sewing antiques? I am in love with old graphics. Bias tape packages, old thimbles and wooden spools, needle packages and quaint small scissors. I'm not lucky enough to have vintage measuring tapes, but I keep an eye out for them. Old pincushions are a favorite....especially the homemade ones. Haven't added much to my
collection lately. Seems like I haven't been in an antique store in ages.




Do you have an older sewing item to share with us??

5 comments:

meggie said...

That is a fascinating little needle case! I have a very old leather one, that has poker work on the front. I must look it out. It was my mother's.

Sweet P said...

What a great needle case. I don't have any old sewing items. I forgot to ask my brother when I saw him this summer if he has any of my grandma's sewing notions. My mom still has all of her items. But I'm tempted to start looking for some items.

Darcie said...

Very neat little needle case, Finn. Love the cars!

Patti said...

You have so many interesting antique things! It's so much fun to see all the pictures you post. What I'm wondering is how you store them and how you display them. I think it would be so much fun to collect things like this, but I can just see myself tossing them in a drawer where they would collect, and then go back to some place like Goodwill when I'm gone. I've no idea how to display something like this - I certainly have no room to do so in my little sewing room. I think I have a few old things, but they are all in a drawer in my sewing room somewhere except for my grandmothers silver thimble, which is on display on a shelf in the living room.

Libby said...

What a treasure. The graphics are great - I love old graphics and kids books, both seem to be so vivid. I'll have to dig around here for old sewing items. I think I have a little stash of thimbles tucked away somewhere.