Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Fun in my mailbox...

Yesterday's mail brought me a block for my memory quilt. I got this lovely block from Linda J. She blogs at http://catsnqlts2.blogspot.com/ As you can see, she knows me quite well! Ebby and I just LOVE it, Linda!! Thanks a million!
Our weather has turned hot and humid again, and I'm inside and staying close to home this week. I did venture out for a quick cup of tea with Betsy yesterday and to see her new King Salmon quilt. It's quite amazing and I will go back with my camera. I've been working on these blocks, since seeing Judy's August Hour-a-Day challenge. I have a tin full of pink strips, time to use them up.
The centers will all be the hand dyed fuschia color, and then half the block lighter pinks and the other half, darker pinks and rose. I hope to get enough for one whole top. Check out Judy's challenge: addy on the sidebar.

7 comments:

Texan said...

yes, its hot as heck right now, we were suppose to hit 100 today... we have not done that this year like we usually do and for that I am most grateful... Fall is coming :O)... I am so ready :O)...

The cat block is great you got :O)

meggie said...

And to think...it is still quite cool here!
Those pinks are nice.

Kucki68 said...

Those pink Heartstrings are going to look great and could go to a breast cancer charity.

Jeanne said...

It's hot and humid here in Michigan, too. I'm inside with the a/c as much as possible. Love the kitty block!!!
I'm glad the block total continues to grow.

Linda C said...

Glad you (and Ebby) like the little mail box surprise. I think Ebby might like it better if it were part of a quilt sandwich but fabric will probably do just as nicely. You know I HAD to make the kitty Ebby colored.

The pattern was originally part of a series from Bella Online and Kim Noblin. She is no longer the quilt editor but is online at Block Central. I found the link for the pdf file HERE if anyone asks about the source. There is one with a pinwheel and I think flying geese or something as well.

Kairle Oaks said...

The cat block is simply adorable! Such a cute design.

I can't wait to see more of your sting blocks.

Yvonne said...

Love your kitty block. How can you go wrong with kitties and hearts. :) Your strings are nice....I love making them.