Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Piecing for pleasure....

makes for a happy Finn *VBS* what can I say?...I love to play.
Worked on more of the pink string blocks today and am very happy with the way they are turning out.And I played with "orphans" this afternoon. I foundled and sorted and laid some to one side. This particular orphan quilt is taking on 'its own' personality...I keep leaning towards using them all, but the brighter, clearer colors call to me, and I skip right past the somber colored ones. So now we know this quilt will be for a child..*VBS* Bright and happy despite it's humble status.

10 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Love those chickens!

Beemoosie said...

Me too...I love the chickens! So happy!

dee said...

I'm hiding my head in shame-I have a whole kit of chicken fabric in the Closet of Shame that I bought 4 years ago and never used. Shuttin' up and goin' there now. Thanks Finn...the chicken blocks are hysterical-I love them!

dot said...

The pink strings are lovely. I like the chicken blocks. What a hoot.

Libby said...

Piecing for pleasure . . . that's what it's all about *s*

Barbara C said...

I love those fat chickens! So bright and cheerful!

Texan said...

ok I am loving the chicken blocks! Those are way to cute!

Texan said...

PS
Where did this Chicken Block come from?

meggie said...

Love the pink strings. And I really love the bright chickens!!

Patti said...

Oh Finn, the chickens are marvelous! I love Country Thread chickens in all their permutations - one day I'll make one of their chicken quilts!

The pink string blocks are so pretty and feminine! I'm eager to get back to making string blocks - just as soon as I finish the last of the current set of mile-a-minute blocks.