Sunday, August 05, 2007

Old Pieces and new...

My head is tired enough,tonight, not to be thinking very much. That's probably a good thing. The weekend has woven itself almost completely into being 'the past', as I sit here tonight. And it was better than average! I had no expectations other than how long it seems to last. An unexpected visit from DS#3 and his two boys sure brightened my rainy day on Saturday. And then an invitation to a cookout tonight added a lovely ending to the weekend. A small gathering of old friends, women like myself, alone in the world but with an understanding of family and connection..*VBS* Nicely grilled chicken, veggies, potato salad and fresh fruit...perfect for a Sunday evening in August. I have much to feel grateful for. Blessings, large and small. Tomorrow is the Monday morning I look forward to each week..*S*.
My quilt offering is the "old pieces" part. Not the first Mile a Minute quilt I made(Jean has that one), but one from 2002...my "Displaced Quilter" effort the summer I sold my house and lived in Betsy's guest house. I believe the post about it is from August of 2005. I love everything about the MAM making..*VBS* Patti has just run a marathon of making over 300 blocks, and Bonnie makes them and calls them Crumb blocks. The word has spread and many of you have now tried them...*VBS* It is fun to be able to sew without the pre-planning and pre-cutting. A kind of mindless pleasure with NO rules. This is the Official Pay It Forward logo(I think). I found it in my surfing a day or two ago. Not sure where in our quilt land of blogs it started but it has spread far and wide. If you can make out the printing on the logo, it gives the statistics of how quickly 3 becomes 9 and then 27 and then 71 and so on...quite amazing!! My 3 participantes(to Pay It Forward)to: Quilt Pixie, Katie, at Mismatched Quilter and Michele at A Quilting Journey. I think they all now have their 3 people in place. I can't send them the gift unless and until they have fulfilled the asking 3 people to participate..*S* It's a fun thing to do, don't be afraid to jump right in *VBS*

9 comments:

Fiona said...

Just love the riot of colour from the mile a minute blocks - I'm really enjoying making mine.

Yvonne said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. I love that quilt.

Donna said...

Its nice to have a plan free weekend every once in a while -- I enjoy the unexpected surprises so much more :-)

Libby said...

Sounds like a very nice weekend - visits and cookouts - with a little rain to cool things down *s* I joined in the PIF and have been playing with ideas - there's a lot of joy just in that *s* Happy Monday, Finn!

Beertje Zonn said...

I love that quilt.
Kind Regards,

Sonnja

Michele Bilyeu said...

Goodness sakes, Finn. First you get me on board the Orphan Train, then I start Paying Everything Forward,and now I have to run a Marathon? Ok. Better get myself moving a mile a minute, I guess ;)

Texan said...

Scrappy quilts are the best :O)...

A cook out is always fun!

Hope your Monday was great!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love your quilt, the colors make me smile. What a blessing to have unexpected family drop by! Have a great week.

Clare said...

Finn. Stop it! I was looking at Patti's MAM after reading about it on Fiona's blog and was very nearly led astray from outstanding tasks. Any more talk about MAM's and I'm going to have to stop reading. *S*